Actually, Programming may always refer to popular word Computer Programming and this is the only job you won't say difficult to understand, many students taking Computer Science major and another related course because of demands and job opportunities especially with IT units you may earn up to 3-4 years of schooling.
Let me explain to you this parts of programming:
1. Broadcast programming is the practice of organizing and or ordering of broadcast media programs (Internet, television, radio, etc.) in a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or season-long schedule.
2. Computer programming (often shortened to programming) is a process that leads from an original formulation of a computing problem to executable computer programs.
3. A programming language is a formally constructed language designed to communicate instructions to a machine, particularly a computer. Programming languages can be used to create programs to control the behavior of a machine or to express algorithms
4. Game programming, a subset of game development, is the software development of video games. Game programming requires substantial skill in software engineering as well as specialization in one or more of the following areas, which overlap heavily to create a game: simulation, computer graphics, artificial intelligence, physics, audio programming, and input.
5. Dramatic programming is a physical and own emotional control in the film.
6. Mathematical programming, or optimization, is the selection of the best element.